Here is one of my favourite vegetarian recipes! It’s very simple, quick to make, rich, and doesn’t involve many ingredients.
This recipe was inspired by my love for creamy cheddar broccoli soup (another recipe I’ll share someday), and the many dishes involving cheese and broccoli I have seen on Pinterest. My husband is also a huge lover of broccoli, and even more so of cheese. And for those busy nights, it only takes one pot! It makes enough for 2-3 people.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Pasta (I like Rotini or Penne)
1 medium diced Onion
3 large spoonfuls of Ricotta
1/2 cup Grated Cheese (I like old white cheddar)
2-3 handfuls of Broccoli (pre-blanched or frozen)
1/4 cup of 18% Cream (I’ve made it with 10% too, just use a little more and let it thicken)
1 tsp of Oregano
Salt & Pepper
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook your pasta.
- Set the pasta aside in the strainer and in the pot sauté the onion in some olive oil on medium heat.
- When the onions begin to soften, add in your broccoli. You can add as much broccoli as you’d like. Once the broccoli has reached a good texture (some people prefer it more or less cooked) you’re going to make the sauce.
- Add in the cream, ricotta, oregano, salt, pepper, and grated cheese to the pot. Leave it on low heat to thicken. You may add more or less cream depending on how much sauce you want and how thick you want it.
- Once it is thoroughly heated, mix in your cooked pasta.
- Serve with fresh cracked pepper and Parmesan!
I hope you enjoy this creamy comforting broccoli pasta!
Let me know what you think.