It’s officially the beginning of the cold weather season. And to me, cold weather means warm bowls of soup!
I’ll admit I’m not the best at making soups. I’m not the most patient when it comes to cooking, especially on busy weeknights, and I think a lot of soups benefit from patience and bubbling away for awhile on the stove. I also have a tendency to overcook the pasta particularly for soup, I’m not sure why.
So, this recipe has been really great for me. This soup is perfect for those that really want a delicious cozy soup without needing to let it simmer for too long. Perfect for weeknight dinner, quick, filling, hearty, and vegetarian too!
Makes about 4 servings and only uses one pot (yay less dishes)!
What you’ll need:
1 Garlic Clove (crushed or diced)
1 Yellow Onion (diced)
4-5 Cups of Chicken Stock
3 large handfuls of Baby Spinach
1 28 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes with Italian Spices/Seasoning
1 Package of Frozen 3 Cheese Ravioli
1 Tablespoon of Butter
1/2 Tsp of Dried Oregano and Basil
Salt & Pepper
- In a large pot add in the olive oil, garlic, and onion. Sauté until clarified.
- Once the onions and garlic are clarified, add in the tablespoon of butter and the spinach. Allow the spinach to start to shrink.
- Pour in the 4-5 cups of chicken stock and the can of diced Italian seasoned tomatoes. Allow to come to a medium simmer. Add in the dried seasonings, salt, and pepper.
- Once the soup is hot again and bubbling nicely, add in your frozen 3 cheese ravioli. Allow to continue to simmer vigorously until ravioli is cooked through usually 8-10 minutes.
- When the ravioli is fully cooked your soup is ready! Garnish with some grated parmesan.
Wonderful when served with some baguette and white wine, fun enough for date-night-in, but fast enough for dinner after work.
Let me know if you give this one a try and what you thought!