A rich and creamy hearty soup for those chillier days. Quick enough to make after a busy work day, but tastes like you worked on it all day. A nice twist on a classic chicken soup, and nutritious too!
Serves 4-6 people.
What you’ll need:
1/2 Cup of Long Grain and Wild Rice (mixed together, or just one)
1 Carrot Peeled and Diced
1 Yellow Onion Diced
6-7 Cremini Mushrooms Sliced
4 Stalks of Celery Diced
Salt & Pepper
1-2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Thyme
1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Diced
900 ml of Chicken Stock (30% less salt)
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream or Table Cream
1 Clove of Garlic (crushed)
1 Bay Leaf
- Start by making your rice. This will vary depending on the brand, follow the instructions on the bag. Set to the side once cooked. While the rice is cooking you can prepare the other ingredients and begin making the soup.
- Cook the diced chicken breast in some olive oil and salt & pepper. Once it is fully cooked, add in the diced onion, celery, and carrot, and cook on medium heat to soften.
- Once the carrot, onion, and celery have begun to soften and clarify, add in the mushrooms and the second tablespoon of olive oil. Once the mushrooms have cooked, add in the crushed garlic clove and combine thoroughly.
- Pour in the whole package of chicken stock, the thyme, and the bay leaf. Let simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Add in your rice and the the cream, stir thoroughly, and let it come to temperature. Once it has returned to the desired temperature, it is ready to eat!
Lovely when served with warm baguette or a side salad. Be sure to add this quick and easy soup to your weekly meal plan!
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe!