Sharing one of my favorite recipes that I can’t get enough of lately!
This has been a recipe I have made over and over again in the last few months. It is really easy to make, freezes well, and tastes really fresh and fun. Great for a weeknight dinner or to add to a tex-mex dinner party menu.
What you’ll need:
1 Tblspn Olive Oil
1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
1/2 Red Onion Diced
1/2 Cup of Frozen Corn
1 Green Bell Pepper Diced
1 Can of Black Beans (Rinsed)
1 Cup of Uncooked Rice (White or Brown)
Pepper (to taste)
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
Diced Fresh Tomato
- While preparing the topping, you can begin cooking the rice. Instructions will vary depending on what type of rice you are using. Follow the instructions for whichever rice you choose.
- In a deep sided pan add in the olive oil, and the diced red onion. Cook on medium heat until onions have softened.
- Add in the green peppers and frozen corn and allow to cook.
- Once the peppers and corn have cooked, add in the black beans and taco seasoning. Stir and mix thoroughly until all of the beans are coated in seasoning.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and combine. Allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Once the rice and topping is cooked, add in the desired amount of rice in each bowl and add in the bean mixture on top. Next, add your favorite toppings. I love to add shredded cheese, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and some sour cream. You could also add fresh tomato slices or avocado.
A delicious dinner to add in to your weekly rotation, I would love to hear if you give it a try and what you think of it!